Tacoma Motorcycle Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured on a motorcycle due to the negligence of someone else, you should contact a personal injury lawyer at Washington Law Center as soon as possible.
You have rights as a victim that big insurance companies don’t want you to know about or take advantage of. That is why you should speak with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys immediately.
Experienced. Dedicated. Persistent.
Our attorneys and legal staff at the Washington Law Center have represented injured motorcycle accident victims in Tacoma and throughout Washington for decades. We have a storied history of success winning millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts.
Motorcycle Accidents in Tacoma, WA
Tacoma has a proud history of adventurers, naturalists, sporting enthusiasts, boaters, and motorcycle riders. Unfortunately, the historic need for adventure can lead to serious injury and even death. All too often, motorcycle riders are injured in motorcycle accidents in Tacoma and throughout Washington State. Even more unfortunate, many of these motorcycle injuries can be prevented and are the result of another person’s negligence. The Tacoma motorcycle accident attorneys at Washington Law Center can help.
Our personal injury attorneys have helped injured motorcyclists recover substantial damages from insurance companies financially responsible for the negligence of other drivers, companies, and city or state governments. We have decades of experience fighting for the people of Tacoma and throughout Washington State. The motorcycle injury attorneys at our firm know how to fight back against big greedy corporations trying to save a dollar by denying your personal injury claim, or by offering insultingly low settlement offers for significant motorcycle injuries.
Read more about Tacoma
Tacoma Washington is a beautiful bustling city in Washington State. It is the county seat of Pierce County, Washington. Tacoma boasts a population of around 200,000 thousand and sits on the Puget Sound about 30 miles southwest of Seattle. Tacoma is the third-largest city in Washington State and the center of the South Sound business hub. Tacoma has long been a gateway to the Pacific and boasts the state’s largest port. Tacoma was once considered the “City of Destiny,” as it was the Western terminus for the Northern Pacific Railroad.
How We Help Injury Victims in Tacoma
Washington Law Center’s lawyers, paralegals, and staff have the experience, knowledge, and resources to help you win your fight against big companies. Our law firm is large enough to protect your rights and to fight big corporations and insurance companies. We listen to our clients and investigate potential personal injury claims comprehensively.
We dedicate a team of professionals to each case and make sure that no stone is left unturned in preparing your case for trial or possible settlement. Unlike some personal injury firms or lawyers, we are not afraid to tackle complex cases and go to trial when necessary.
The law limits the amount of time you have to file a personal injury claim, so please don’t hesitate to call for a free, no-obligation case consultation.
Motorcycle accidents can have tragic consequences resulting in very serious injuries, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages (past and future), significant medical bills, and even death. Motorcyclists can suffer broken bones, severe back or neck damage, burns, disfigurement, head trauma, or spinal cord damage. Our motorcycle injury lawyers have helped the good people of Tacoma, and throughout Washington, recover comprehensive damages to those involved in motorcycle accidents.
At first, the process of filing a personal injury lawsuit can be daunting to anyone. Our legal staff and attorney team know you have lots of questions. We are here to answer them and we are available 24/7. One of the most common questions we receive after a motorcycle accident or motorcycle injury is, “what do we do”? The number one thing a person can do after being involved in a motorcycle accident is to seek medical help. After seeking medical help, injury victims should then seek legal help from experienced motorcycle injury attorneys following any crash.
Typical Motorcycle Accident Injuries Throughout Washington State
Although millions of people own and enjoy motorcycles regularly, they can be very dangerous machines to operate. Motorcycle crashes can cause all kinds of serious injuries.
Motorcycle Accident Injury Attorney FAQ
Motorcycle Injury Facts and Stats
Motorcycle accidents and injuries are tabulated by several state and federal government agencies. The National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration records motorcycle deaths from all types of crashes and accidents. They also monitor injuries from motorcycle accidents. From 2010-2019 motorcycle accidents and injuries have stayed about the same. It should be noted, however, that many motorcycle accidents and injuries go unreported.
From 2010-2019 motorcycle crashes accounted for approximately 5,000 deaths a year. During this same period, reported motorcycle accidents accounted for an average of about 89,000 injuries. From 2009-2018 motorcycle accidents accounted for five times the occupant fatality rate of passenger cars and light trucks. Most motorcycle deaths occur on the weekends and from 12:00 noon until 6:00 PM. Of the almost 5,000 motorcycle accident deaths in 2018, over 1,600 of those involved alcohol.
Motorcycle Safety Tips
There are many ways that a motorcyclist can protect themselves on the road. Here are a few reasonable precautions that can save lives:
Mandatory Motorcycle Safety Course – These courses help improve motorcycle safety through education, training, and licensing. They teach road safety, hazard recognition, promoting riders to wear protective gear, never drink or use drugs and ride, and to drive within your proven ability to operate a motorcycle.
AntiLock Braking Systems – Stopping a motorcycle is harder than stopping a car. Motorcycles can brake on the front and rear tires. Studies have shown that motorcycles with antilock braking systems have substantially fewer crash rates than the same models with optional antilock braking systems.
Motorcycle Helmets – The number one safety feature on any motorcycle. Protect the skull. Helmets are required in Washington State.
Motorcyclists are 29 times more likely than passenger vehicle occupants to die in a motor vehicle accident and four times more likely to be injured than people in motor vehicle car accidents. Safe motorcycle operation requires balance, coordination, and good judgement.
- Always Drive Sober
- Always Wear a Helmet
- Be Extra Vigilant
- Wear Other Appropriate Safety Gear Such as Heavy Denim or Leather, High Boots and Shoes
- Always be Aware of Your Surroundings
- Make Sure Your Motorcycle is Road Ready and Good Operating Order
- All States Require a Valid Motorcycle License
- Complete a Motorcycle Rider Safety Course
- Be Aware of Adverse Weather Conditions
- Check for Unsafe Road Hazards Like Potholes, Slick Roads, and Road Debris
- Obey Local Traffic Laws, and Do Not Speed
- Ride Your Motorcycle Defensively (Most motorcycle crashes are caused when other drivers simply did not see the motorcycle rider)
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- Head-On Collisions— Crashes with other cars, trucks, and other motor vehicles account for almost 60% of all motorcycle accident deaths in the U.S and 78% of all these accidents result from head-on collisions.
- Lane Splitting — This is a common cause of motorcycle accidents. Lane splitting is driving between two lanes. This usually occurs during traffic jams, heavy traffic congestion, or slowly moving cars.
- Speeding—Most people who ride motorcycles do so responsibly. However, there are some who feel the open road or their high performing sport bike affords them the opportunity to ride aggressively. High performance motorcycles and speeding are a leading cause of motorcycle accidents on the road.
- Alcohol or Drug Use – An unsurprising statistic, alcohol and other types of drug use are common causes of motorcycle accidents. Alcohol and drug use also is a common contributor for other auto accidents but is certainly more deadly for motorcyclists.
- Fixed Object Accidents— Crashing into fixed objects is a common cause of motorcycle accidents, injuries, and death. 25% of all motorcycle accident deaths result from accidents with fixed objects.
- Road Hazards – Motorcycles are more likely to suffer road hazard accidents. Potholes, ditches, gravel, and rain are much more likely to cause a motorcycle accident due to the smaller size and weight of a motorcycle.
- Other Cars Making Left Hand Turn Accidents— This accounts for almost 42% of all accidents involving motorcycles and other motor vehicles. Usually in these situations, the driver of the other vehicle simply did not see the oncoming motorcycle.
Common Damages That May Be Recovered in a Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycles are dangerous for various reasons. They are subject to road hazards passenger cars take for granted. Motorcycles are harder to operate than a typical passenger car or light truck. Many motorcycle accidents happen because another driver simply cannot see the motorcycle when turning left. You may recover monetary damages if your motorcycle accident injuries were caused by someone else. Some damages recoverable in a personal injury lawsuit involving a motorcycle are:
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Past and/or Future Employment
- Past and Future Medical Bills
- Rehabilitation Costs
- Loss of the Enjoyment of Life
- Property Damage
- Wrongful Death
Can I afford a Tacoma motorcycle accident injury lawyer?
Yes, you can! Our policy at the Washington Law Center is to win your case before you pay any fees or costs. Our local attorneys work on a type of fee structure called a Contingency Fee arrangement. That means you pay us nothing unless we win your case.
How much time do I have to file a claim for my injuries?
Washington law limits the time you must file a personal injury claim. An injured victim has generally three years to file a personal injury claim under the law.
We, lawyers, call this law the Statute of Limitations, and it bars a claim filed after the time limit is up. The three-year time limit runs on the date of accident or injury. Other claims, like Wrongful Death or Medical Malpractice, may have shorter time limits.
Like most things in law, there are exceptions to the rules, so it is always important to contact an experienced Bremerton, Washington personal injury lawyer soon after an injury.
How much money is my accident injury case worth?
Every case is different. The compensation available to you will be based on a variety of factors, including the severity of your injuries. Our attorneys will sit down with you to walk you through the entire process, and ultimately show you the value of your case.
What are types of personal injury damages?
Damages for a personal injury make an injured victim “whole,” again to the maximum extent possible through financial compensation. There are various damages in Tort law we lawyers learn in law school, but essentially an injured person’s damages will be economic, like medical bills, or lost wages, and non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering or emotional distress.
The following are common personal injury damages our attorneys recover in Bremerton.
- Lost Wages
- Medical Bills
- Employment Loss
- Rehabilitation Costs
- Pain and Suffering
- Psychological or Emotional Distress (PTSD)
- Loss of the Enjoyment of Life
- Temporary or Permanent Disability
- Vision or Hearing Loss
- Loss of Consortium
- Disfigurement or Amputation
- Wrongful Death
What Makes Washington Law Center Different?
- We are dedicated Personal Injury Lawyers. It is all we do.
- Your legal representation is based upon your desires and wishes. We work for you.
- Our law firm is one of the largest and most experienced personal injury law firms in Washington. Size matters!
- We have decades of experience handling personal injury cases.
- You will receive regular communication throughout your case, from start to finish.
- We never charge a fee until we win your case. We cover all the litigation costs associated with your personal injury lawsuit until we win the case.
- The lawyers at the Washington Law Center have a documented history of successful litigation.
- If you are too sick or injured to come to our office, we offer virtual meetings online, and we offer in-person out-of-office meetings at the hospital or your home.
- Our entire law firm is client-focused and client-centered. We offer personalized service to every personal injury client. We make your life easier. Not all firms are the same!
- We have a very skilled and talented legal team that will work on your injury matter.
- We are passionate and committed to seeking justice in every case.
- Our attorneys are not afraid of trial and will gladly accept challenging cases.
- You will receive experienced, knowledgeable, and skilled service from respected Bremerton personal injury attorneys.
We regularly keep clients updated on legal news on our personal injury blog. Our lawyers encourage you to read and educate yourself about a potential lawsuit or accident. However, every legal case is different and complex so you can’t rely on blogs alone. We strongly advise you to speak to our attorneys as soon as possible following an accident or injury in Tacoma.
Experienced Injury Attorneys in Pierce County
Washington Law Center fights for injured victims involved in accidents due to someone else’s negligence, including big businesses, government agencies, and municipalities, who can be held responsible.
We offer a free case review. Our injury attorneys are happy to help answer your questions and get you the help you deserve. Reach out today!
OVER $100 MILLION AWARDED TO OUR CLIENTS BY VERDICT, SETTLEMENT, INJURY PENSION OR JUDGMENT