Posts tagged "Residency Modification"

Contact Our Washington State Attorneys Background

How Does Labor & Industries Handle Residency Modification?

July 19th, 2018 Posted by Labor & Industries 0 comments on “How Does Labor & Industries Handle Residency Modification?”

Can I get my residence modified under the Industrial Insurance Act as part of Washington’s workers’ compensation system of benefits?

The short answer is “yes, but only in limited circumstances.” If you are in true need of such benefits, for either a home or rental property in which you live, you should take care to read the following information. Make sure your Attending Physician is aware of the rules set forth below as well. You will then need the Attending Provider to request that a residency modification consultant is assigned to your L&I case. The Attending Provider should also give a preliminary written opinion as to the types of modifications the Attending Physician believes you may likely need. This will begin the process.

A residency modification consultant will then be employed at the cost of the employer or state fund. The consultant will be a licensed physical or occupational therapist or a licensed nurse who has experience in rehabilitation of catastrophic injuries and residency modifications. The residency modification consultant will work with the Department of Labor & Industries, Self-Insured Employer (unless the claim is a state fund claim), the injured worker and the Attending Physician to determine which modifications are medically necessary. It is the job of the residency modification consultant to work with a licensed contractor to submit a written report requesting approval of the modifications, including the costs of architectural, engineering, predesign and planning services which may be requested.Continue Reading How Does Labor & Industries Handle Residency Modification?

Over $100 million awarded to our clients by verdict, settlement, injury pension or judgment

Washington Injury Lawyer Awards Footer